Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Sleep

Lying here waiting for sleep,
Escapes me still, while bunnies leap.
In my mind monitors beep.
I stay awake, I cannot sleep.
Gasping breath haunts,
Numbers dropped,
You I rocked, and rocked, and rocked,
Through the night,
Till morning first light.
You slept.

Chores for tomorrow,
Wait for my passing sorrow.
My little one's not here.
Silence the terrors, nightmares dispel.
Heaven's embrace keeps my tiny one well.

Tiny dancer wild and free,
Come and sit here, next to me?
The fairy queen's coming, she's quaint to see.
Her tiny toes will sprint across my knee.

See her dancing, fairy wings of grace,
Across the grass her step we'll trace.
Watch the flowing, shimmering lace,
The fairy king takes her by the waist.

Twirling over the meadow fast,
Quick their movements as they fly past.
Join the merrily, gather the dance!
Gentle fairy men ready to prance.

Fairy ladies, flowing gowns,
Wearing tiny flowered crowns,
Nighttime peering never a frown,
Dance and twirl till moon is down.

Sun rising, fairy folk yawn,
Back to hollows, skipping over lawn.
Goodnight fairies, merry making gone,
Come my tiny dancer, rest till another dawn.

No comments: