Remember in Ratatouille when Remy tries to get his brother Emil to experience flavor? The spirals of the strawberry dance then fireworks of cheese beat, together making something entirely different.
Years have flavor. Years ago when I looked forward to 2012, I felt that year tasted like raspberries and chocolate- I delivered James that year. Similar to the year that we adopted Sarah, that year was strawberry shortcake.
Not all years have a true flavor though, as 2016 approached it became more ominous. A dark stormy cloud hung over the year, sunshine being unable to penetrate the clouds. I was nervous about it even years before it arrived. (I don't care if you find this crazy, it's my normal way of experiencing life.)
2017 for me sounds like a Jazz band. 2018 seems more normal- PB&J'S, but mundane and slightly tasteless. Whereas 2019, taco party, not enough for a Fiesta, but definitely hot sauce. I'm curious as to what's in store for those years.
Hello 2016. I hate you. And I usually love storms.
We found out what's up with Danny. He has pneumonia! His brother James also has pneumonia. And me too! I also have a double ear infection. Oh joy.
I'm incredibly grateful that Lily didn't have to experience pneumonia, what she went through with just her 'normal' little body was plenty.
1 comment:
this is a fascinating way to describe a year or period in your life. Looking forward to the fiesta! Sorry about the storm year :( Sorry about Pneumonia, hit me up when you need a break
Post a Comment