Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Things we did

For the past six months I wake up to my husband on the computer. Once again applying to more jobs, reading the newspaper, checking e-mail or perhaps an occasional game.
Afterward he makes breakfast, his favorite: pancakes(his own recipe) & maple syrup. Our daughter prefers eggs: made like a crepe, sprinkled with cheese and rolled loosely. (Rew wishes me to clarify that it is an omelet, however it's very thin like a crepe. So... a crepe omelet.) I take a little bit of both, I like my pancakes bite-sized dipped in the syrup and only a few bites of the crepe...since my daughter usually begs to have mine too.
(my syrup jar...that I painted at Color-Me-Mine a few years back. Excellent place to go btw.)

Breakfast is usually followed by reading! Our daughter LOVES books! She likes to curl up with a book, sit on your lap with a nice sippy of cold milk and be read to. New words come everyday as she's starting repeating what you say: 'Kitty-cat' 'Bunny' 'Doggie, woof woof'.

This book is one of her favorites. (I'm not kidding.)
Perhaps it's because of all the brightly colored pictures inside.

Then usually outside to play! We were flying kites at Rock Canyon Park.
Rew fiddling with his kite (he had the harder one).
This is the closest picture of me that you'll get... all the others are of our daughter! I was holding the string to the kite at the time. You can barely see the white string....and the kite is the blurry yellowish thing seen against the gray rock.

Back home for lunch made by me! It changes everyday but always has a vegetable...because veges are our daughters favorite!

Then down for a nap while I search the realm of job hunting and Rew drives to drop off resumes. Once completing the task we usually read the new books of the week from the Library, take a nap, I write lesson plans, perhaps watch an online video, clean my dishes and house.


Daughter wakes up! Time to play, perhaps with a friend, or with mommy and daddy! We have sidewalk chalk, Moonsand, Playdough and crayons! She also loves to draw. We go to Library storytime, or dance to music, watch Baby Einstien or read more books.
We walk to the duck ponds to feed the ducks, or perhaps to the pet store. On really special days we'll see a movie at the dollar theatre (we just saw Bolt... very cute!)

5 pm I make dinner (Spagetti for tonight with broccoli and pears.) Play some more, read more, says prayers, sing songs and tuck our daughter into bed. After she is peacefully asleep we read until 11:30 or so then go to sleep. Ready to start a new day tomorrow.....





Then find this:

Yes... she stuffed her pajamas and daddy's socks in the toilet! (I thought that door was always locked!)

No comments: