Monday, March 23, 2009

Dearest Daughter

Dearest Daughter,

Several months ago I woke in the middle of the night. Something in my spirit telling me to rock you to sleep. Confusing as that night was it was then that I knew, you were waiting for me to find you. Many months prior I told an online website that I was 'pregnant' when I wasn't... it sent me emails about how you were growing, when I could feel your kicks. (But I wasn't really pregnant and doctors told me chances are low. I read the emails about my child being 1 month then 2, 4 months and 6 months...) And then, one day in January 2008 I received a call from my cousin Julie, asking if Daddy and I would like to adopt you. We prayed and attended the temple about this decision, and the answer as clear as any could be, yes, you were meant to be with me. Whenever we needed to travel our schedules would be clear. If times got hard or worrisome we felt the spirit near. I met you first late February, you were 10 months old! You crawled across the room and cuddled in my arms. I showed you the outside window and you fiddled with the blinds. I fed you orange squash and a bottle of warm milk. I even got you to giggle when I tickled your tummy. Back in Utah we waited to hear when you could come to our home, you were in California with another Foster Mom. Finally in April Daddy came to see you.
You were only 10 months old, but when you saw daddy you crawled across the room, put your arms straight up and said "Da Da!" Daddy was extremely surprised, he picked you up and you giggled and cooed.
You showed us your most favorite toys.
You even climbed up into my lap. But we already knew, you were meant to be ours. The waiting was hard, but luckily we were able to see you often. The Lord blessed our family in countless ways so it would be possible for us to be together, He brought us comfort and let us know that all would be okay. Finally after 16 months we can be sealed together, this sealing is Eternal. We will be an Eternal Family, forever sealed as if we had never been apart.

We love you!

~Mommy & Daddy

No comments: