Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Moon Sand

Yesterday our daughter's cousins come over to play. Five (Six including mine) little girls all marched into the house and immediately asked, "Amy, Do we really get to play with Moon Sand?" "Yes." I said.

Amanda: "Really!? I've never ever gotten to touch it before."

Jessica: "Is it really sand?"

Lindsey: "Where is the Moon Sand?"

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/sp/spin-master-moon-sand-pet-shop.jpg

Moon Sand is a supposed rival to playdough. I really like it! Unlike playdough, Moon Sand is easily vacuumed up and the colors don't stain your fingers. It feels like a mildly wet sand you may get a little sandy feeling on your hands but it brushes off immediately. It's a little bit harder to mold into small shapes, but it comes with neat molds for making people/animals etc. depending on the set you buy.

I placed a tablecloth on my kitchen table and let the girls go crazy with Moon Sand, in the end the kitchen looked, as my sister said "a horrid mess." However... all I had to do was lift the corners of the table cloth have the sand pool to the middle, squish it into a ball and put it away.

I imagine that if I was using playdough that I would have had pieces stuck and squished into the tablecloth and the floor would have needed to be scrubbed with a wet rag to get all the little pieces. INSTEAD... my tablecloth was clean--no stuck on pieces, no dyed spots. Any moon sand on the floor could be vacuumed or swept up with a broom-try that with playdough.

No comments: