FLUFFY WHITE STICKERS
I love Children Books.
Quite often I'll cuddle up to a children book aisle in the Library and read. This habit began in Elementary School and follows me even today.
One fine day while reading in the Children section (I had been there quite awhile). I could hear two young girls, probably 6 and 8 years old, in the next row begging their mother for quarters.
The Library sells pencils for .25 cents and notebooks for .50 cents.
"Mom!" They begged, "please! can i have a quarter!"
The mother not paying much attention handed them each two quarters.
With all the glee a young child can muster they disappeared around the corner; each with their quarters held tightly in their hands.
At that moment I needed to use the bathroom. Why would I be telling you this? Just keep reading.
I went to the bathroom. Nothing abnormal about it: stalls, sinks, paper towels....and .... two young children trying to use the tampon machine...
"What is it?" I could hear them whispering to each other.
"I don't know, let's open it!"
"OH! It's a sticker!"
"Fluffy White Stickers!"
Realizing with horror that the young girls had each purchased a tampon pad with their quarters I tried to warn them. "Um, those aren't stickers."
Both turned around the fluffy white stickers stuck to their T-shirts! They ran from the bathroom and I cackled in laughter.
I exited the bathroom to find the mother (still not paying attention) as the girls danced around her singing, "Fluffy White Stickers! Fluffy White Stickers!"
Then the mother noticed... They lost their Fluffy White Stickers very quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment