Friday, October 21, 2016

Christmas Decorations

I pulled out my box of Halloween decorations. Vampire teddy bears, bats and a fuzzy spider were delightfully placed on the piano... until my twins excitedly found them. I hung up my Halloween wreath, put the mini tombstones back in the box, to macabre for me. Then I pulled out my favorite purple and orange twinkly lights. I happily strung them over my front door, plugged them in and electrically shocked myself...(apparently saying that I 'electrocuted myself' means that I died, thankfully I'm alive.) they were immediately removed and tossed in the trash. I really liked those lights, but they were old, my fault that I shocked myself.

Then today, as I was walking through Home Depot I decided to see if they had any orange and purple Halloween lights to replace my beloved ones that nearly killed me. Apparently all the Halloween lights this year have been replaced with strings of 'ultra light wire'. It's a string of lights with a barely visible wire. I want more distance between the live wire and my fingers, thank you.

Which is why I found myself in the Christmas aisle. Brightly colored decorations, hanging ornaments, twinkly lights, Christmas trees with tinsel, Santa Claus, Nativity Scenes.

Lily was due on Christmas Day.







No comments: