Thursday, April 12, 2012

A change of Pace

I really wish I owned a camera. Suggestions on good cameras to purchase? Hopefully not too expensive, but easy to use and transfer to a computer?

I never thought that I would teach. My plan was to go to college, earn a degree and be a stay at home mom. But, when I graduated without children that plan had to be tweaked, and then modified so on so on...

When my friend Kassi told me that she could see me teaching, I thought that idea was crazy. (sorry Kassi-you were right). Or when Sharon told me that I would never be away from teaching for long-again, she was right too. I didn't think that I actually had it in my personality.

On to what's happening this week...

Well, after landing myself in ER for respiratory problems, luckily no blood clots. It seems that I may have developed asthma. Dr. Lamoreaux checked my stitches, looks like they are healing well. They will be treating any subsequent pregnancies I may have as high risk-because I delivered pre term. Dr said if I ever wanted to be checked (while pregnant) that they will see me immediately.

I am cleared to go back to work April 25th. My students are extremely excited. I visited my classroom today-it is a complete wreck! Things are scattered everywhere, epp! But, that usually happens right before a Science Olympiad competition-so I'm not too worried. My long term sub apparently teaches just like I do. She is a theatre major with a minor in Science.

My kiddos will be watched by my friend Karena while I finish out the school year.

I've been receiving comments from parents such as: "My student will be horribly disappointed if you don't return next year." "My child is taking your class-so you better be teaching." "I'm signing Alex up for Science Olympiad-be here to teach it." (These are actual comments.)

Yikes. I am quitting.

Andrew found a job. He is working at Wencor Aerospace Engineering and so far is loving the work. He is a quality inspector engineer.

I've worked the last three years. The years that I didn't teach-when August hit and the schools started to get busy I cried and sobbed that I wasn't there. I'm planning on buying myself a box of freshly sharpened pencils in August. I received my level 2 license and intend to keep it up to date/renewed. I also will probably return to teaching when my youngest is in school. (Never thought I'd say that!)

I am going to be staying home with the kids. So far it's been fun and left me with the desire to home school my children. I haven't decided if I will yet, I'll see how the summer goes.


No comments: