Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I'm pleased

The wondrous adventures of Summer- June.

Sarah is growing like a weed the pants I bought her for Christmas (that were way past her toes) now hit her mid-calf. but luckily she's still skinny enough so they make good capris. She has been talking up a storm and telling us stories about everything. She is overprotective of her little brother and headstrong. She loves reading story books. Hey, we finally figured out the waking up at night thing. Sarah usually goes to sleep at 8pm. Which means that it's still light outside a little bit. But as soon as it's dark outside she's up and turning on all the lights. We added a night light. She hasn't been getting out of bed anymore and turning on lights.
Sarah calls this the "Crazy Elephant".

Michael is babbling! Huge jump for a kid that was once diagnosed as mostly deaf. I have been getting him to repeat noises and actions. His two most current noises: Ooo--ah-ah (monkey) & blowing kisses. We have been going to the Zoo and he loves to point at the animals and babble at them
.

Andrew finished Spring term and now only has 2 classes left for August graduation! Woo Hoo! Go Rew! He interned at BYU, he has been working everyday (save Sunday) on this race car. This car was a collaborative effort involving schools from around the world. The Korean team flew in last week and we met them at a barbecue--Sarah had 4 Korean guys 'flirting' with her at the barbecue--Andrew teasing told them to back off, she's too young.
This is Andrew's team- Diffuser team, carbon fiber layout.
purr....
BYU team. Frame, Airflows, Suspension etc.
Growl...

Me? I am quite pleased with summer. It's difficult getting used to the change of being home vs. at school. I purchased a year pass to the Zoo-if we go to the Zoo 3 times it's cheaper and we've already been twice. The baby animals are so cute! and thanks to my friend Kait, Sarah now loves Giraffes. Michael loves the carousel at the Zoo and was fascinated by the bird show. We've been playing outside, dancing to music, dumping cereal and milk all over mommy's couch... :) Ah the joy's of kiddos! I usually take a nap with the kids! But if not, I've been writing curriculum for this coming school year, reading and sewing a quilt for Sarah's bed. Here's the 1st square woo hoo! (Pattern is called Orion's Star).


No comments: