I love my Cutco knives.
If you had asked me 5 years ago if I had any preference on kitchen knives I would have said, "No". Then probably gone on to defend why any particular knife should not be shown any favoritism. A knife is just a knife right? Kitchen knife breaks, buy a new one. One should never spend $100+ on a kitchen knife.
My friend Sara has given me four Cutco knives (she used to sell them). Over the course of a few years she gave me one on my birthday or for Christmas. I have a santoku, paring, trimmer and spatula spreader. She told me that within a few years they would be the only knives I would use.
They are wonderful. They are the only knives I use.
Perfect julienne vegetables, excellent sliced tomatoes, macedoine cheese cubes, chiffonade cabbage, brunoise onions!
I still cringe to hear the price tag associated with each Cutco knife but at least for now I recognize--it's also worth the price. Just don't cut yourself!
Now back to cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment