Friday, November 6, 2009

"Labor" Story

Yes, I am now the mother of TWO children.

Wow.

Sarah's little brother (new name pending) is our newest addition! We are thrilled to have another little one in our home and also with how close they are in age.

Sarah informed me the other day (few weeks ago), "Mommy, I need a baby."

I teasingly asked her, "Should we go to the store and buy a baby brother or sister?"

"Yes, mommy, go to Macey's and get the baby." (Every store is called Macey's- you can tell where we go grocery shopping.)

"Oh, Sarie, we can't buy a baby at Macey's. Mommy and Daddy have to save up lots of money and then wait for someone to let us adopt a baby. Just like you were adopted."

Grinning big, "I was adopted!"

"Hurray!"

"Hurraaaay!"

"Woo hoo!"

"Wooh...oo! Mommy baby coming."

Sarah was right. Our newest Tiny joined our family October 26, 2009. His birthday was October 24. He is 1 year old! He loves to crawl around the house, pull himself up on furniture, drink bottles, throw balls and play with cars. Definitely a little boy through and through! And just like his sister, the first words out of his mouth when he saw Andrew were, "DaDA!"

So... "labor" went like this....

I was at work, Oquirrh Hills Middle School. I had finished teaching for the day and had a bit of grading to finish. I stayed later than normal, corrected and entered all the scores then got ready to leave.

I checked my cell phone at the end of the work day and discovered a missed call, someone had left a message. I listened to it and it was our social worker. She informed me that I was to pick up a little baby boy in about 20 mins. So, instead of going home, I headed for SLC, and picked up our newest Tiny!

Legal adoption takes 6 months in the state of Utah. Once again, the waiting period starts. First court hearing is December 9th. :) and again, you won't be hearing his name or seeing a picture until final adoption... sorry... it's not allowed with Foster Care!

However, here are a few names we like, which one is your favorite? (remember the last name will be Rosenvall).

Alexander
Brendan
Michael

James

No comments: