Sunday, November 29, 2009

Good Morning

Ever since our new Tiny came into our home we have been working on getting him to stop screaming. Apparently he has learned that he must scream at everything. "I'm hungry."AHHH!!! "I'm tired." MWAHAHAA!!! "I'm hurt."RAUhHAHAHAHAH!! Not the normal, calm crying at first followed by a little more worried, but a bellowing full out make your ears ring scream. The wind chimes in my house even chime; that's how loud his scream is.

He wakes up screaming.
Sees the bottle screaming.
Diaper change screaming.
Changing clothes screaming.
Car drive screaming.
Sister is breathing my air screaming.

YIKES!

A few days I had to wear ear plugs, no joke. We used sign language with Sarah so we decided to try it with him. I got him to say"milk" the other day! Woo Hoo! After he has that mastered we'll move on to other baby signs. We finally replaced screaming during a diaper change with giggles. and have been working on having him say "dada" or "baba" while playing, instead of screaming.

Today I was so proud of Tiny. (and Andrew since he's the stay at home Daddy.) He woke up today and instead of screaming he started bouncing up and down in the crib saying "Dada!" He greeted us with smiles and gave us each the best hugs he can give. (Tiny is really cute with hugs, he grabs your shoulders, smiles showing his teeth, leans his head into your chest and says "ooohh." )

Great job Andrew!

Also, we woke up this morning to find Sarah right outside our bedroom door, asleep in the hallway. Anyone know the age when kids start having nightmares? or being afraid of the dark? We're wondering if she's at that age.

No comments: