My sister Sara invited Rew and I to come and teach dancing to her daughters' 2nd grade class. (Mrs. Sugu's Class) Rew said, "Eeyo" (Japanese for "sure"). We decided to teach them Cha-Cha and Waltz. Sara provided the music we needed. Both Rew and I were a little nervous at the beginning, but soon jumped right in.
The girls were all dressed in their princess gowns a few boys were dressed up, but mostly as knights in shiny, construction paper, armor. A few of the boys insisted that they were jesters or princes.
First we taught them Cha-Cha. We used the hand hold position and taught the basic plus a standard twirl. The 2nd grade boys and girls were rather nervous to dance with a partner! (After all they have COOTIES! ew!) But soon they got right into the dance floor and did it! It was so cute to see the kids dancing.
Then we taught the box step and underarm spin with Waltz. They did wonderfully with the dances!
Lastly we taught them how to enter the dance floor with their partner. The entire 2nd grade class came onto the dance floor holding their partner's hand and got into dance position.
At the end the class had a Ball, and danced Cha-Cha and Waltz.
I wish I had pictures... perhaps I'll be able to get some from my sister...
No comments:
Post a Comment