Friday, January 1, 2016

Day 3

The most hilarious thing I found out about Dec 31/Jan 1 are the number of women that come into the hospital claiming to be in labor. The admitting room was packed with ladies receiving stress tests and begging to be admitted. Many of them were sent home, multiple requested pitocin, induction, or even c-sections. I spent the day cuddling my tiny. Also, I was eventually kicked out of my room and was given a spare room next to the c-section room. It was dark and instead of the large window I had in the delivery room, my new window was tiny and against a wall, so you couldn't really see anything. But I was close to my tiny and had a place to rest and sleep when I could no longer hold her.

I would pump milk, walk to the nursery, cuddle, sit by Lily while she was under the lights until I was too tired to stay or needed to eat. I would shuffle back to that little dark room, nap, eat, pump and return to my sweetheart Lily.

I didn't sleep at the hospital at night. I learned quickly that each time a baby was delivered a chime would sound outside my room. "Lullaby and Goodnight." It was enjoyable at first, but slowly started to haunt me as I realized, Lily had that same chime, but in her case, the goodnight part--could be interpreted as her never waking again.

No comments: