Monday, September 1, 2014

Dry Clean Only

My daughter's dress tag reads: dry clean only.

Funny how clothing can be a liar. 
Laughing, I put it in the washer and dryer.

It's not that I don't care,
If it was leather I would beware.

But you see my daughter's dresses, 
Have been through worse messes. 

She's rolled down grassy hills,
Pirated ships with an Iron will.

Played the vicious Steampunk victor,
Sat and scraped it over wicker.

Traveled through a leafy forest,
Became a lovely budding florist.

I guess we'd like to imagine,
That at church she sits still as satin.

There's no need to play the sleuth.
As her mother, I know the truth.

When crayons and marker dot her gown,
I greet with a smile, instead of a frown.

Ask me why I didn't purchase a dress,
With a cleaning regime that requires less?

Do you see how much fun we're having,
Not restrained by useless tagging.

Dry clean only. I'm not sorry to say,
This dress has been through worse, and that's okay.

No comments: