Friday, April 11, 2014

Daniel's Sealing Day

The day started out quiet. Sarah whispered to Daniel in hushed tones, "It's your sealing day, we get to keep you forever." We had a light cream colored dress picked out for Sarah, but on that morning, I decided to go look one more time for a white one. (We had looked previously, the best we could find was the light cream one.) Sarah came with me and I had a feeling to go to a store called "Dressed in White" which I had actually never been too, I wasn't sure if they had kid's clothing. They did, and we found a gorgeous white dress. Sarah fell in love with a pair of white shoes so I got them too.

While I was driving she said "Mommy, you should play fancy music, for this fancy day." I changed the radio to Classical and that seemed to suit her. She came with me while I had a hair cut then afterwards we picked up treats and candy from the grocery store--after the Sealing we invited everyone over and the kids had a 'Candy Bar' we gave everyone a small bag that they filled with various candies. We also had peanut butter bars, butterfly sugar cookies....

When we got home it was time to dress all in white. All of our children were allowed to attend the sealing. Though not required we dressed all the children in white. Michael, James, Peter, Daniel each had white pants, white shirts, white ties, white socks (white underwear too).  Sarah wore her new white dress, tights, shoes. I made her hair pretty and put in her white bow.

We drove to the Draper Utah Temple arriving at 6pm. My parents took a few pictures outside the Temple. Inside the desk already knew our names, "Rosenvall Family, we have been expecting you." We took the kids to their youth center where they played with toys. We also left all the kids attendants with them (Grandma Tolson, Grandma Hardy, Grandpa Hardy, Grandma Rosenvall, and my sister Becky.)  They took Andrew & I to double check paperwork and dates. Ried..... something Sbonjom (sp?) double checked everything. Then they took me to the brides room. The chandeliers in the bride room are silver and look like flower petals falling into place. When I was dressed in my Temple clothing my attendant lead Andrew and I to the Celestial room. Andrew & I were able to sit and ponder with one another.

The sealer retrieved us and brought us to another waiting area so he could ask about name pronunciation. Then he took us to the elevator to wait for the kids. The Temple Matron came over to watch and commented "I'm so excited to see children inside the temple." A group of couples passed us and said, "Congrats on your marriage." we smiled. The kids came up with their attendants. Sarah asked me about my temple clothing. Michael took my right hand and I carried little James on my left arm. Andrew carried Daniel & Peter.

We walked down the hall, Michael was so enthralled by the scene around him he walked into a wall. His head made that coconut sound, but he didn't cry. In fact all of the children were calm and quiet. Family & Friends were already seated in the sealing room. Andrew & I sat down with all our kids where the bride and groom normally sit. The Sealer spoke to us about his sealing power and Eternal Families. And to be honest, I was so overwhelmed with seeing my 5 children all dressed in white in the temple, happy, calm and smiling that I don't recall much else of what he said.

We were invited to the altar. Daniel's biological grandpa Hardy (we have an open adoption with him.) assisted him. I held Danny's hand.  Afterwards I lifted up Danny and gave him kisses on his cheek.  Our friends and family greeted/hugged us as they left. The sealer had all the kids come and look into the mirrors to see their forever family. I showed Sarah the crocheted covering on the Temple altar. The kids assistants took them back downstairs to the Youth center and Andrew and I changed our of our Temple clothing.

Outside we took more pictures. The kids walked reverently smelling the flowers and exploring the Temple grounds quietly. Said Michael, "This is my forever family."

No comments: