Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Stories

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Sarah who went hiking into the woods to find lollipops. And she found amazing lollipops with spots. They are ladybug spots. She picked 3 lollipops and then was very sad. Because the spots disappeared. Only when the lollipops were in the sunlight did they have spots. So she ate 1 lollipop while at a picnic in the sunlight. So 3 lollipops subtract 1 because she ate the lollipop is 2 lollipops left. The end." - S
(Her homework was to draw and tell a subtraction story, I expected something shorter-but loved what she came up with.)

Peach & the Giant James "One day James found a peach.  The peach looked yummy. The peach smelled yummy. The peach was soft and squishy yummy. James took a bite of the peach. It was very yummy. James took two bites. James took 3 bites. Uh-Oh, James found a worm. James took 4 bites. James found half a worm. James took 5 bites. Oh good! No more worm. Yummy peach. The end."

"I came home from school today to find my room was changed. Mom & Dad had switched it around and added one enormous cage. A pile of dirt in the corner and thing all over the floor. But what was in the cage today was really very strange!"
"There's a Dragon in my bedroom!"
Mommy & Daddy put him there! and enormous Dragon with a long bright blue tail! His tail goes swish and knocks my toys everywhere!
"There's a Dragon in my bedroom!"
He snores all night long, and lets out loud bellows, and leaves ringing in my ears!
There's a Dragon in my bedroom!
He's not pleasant at all! When he throws his water across the room and smashes crackers in the floor!
There's a Dragon in my bedroom!
with a huge grin and long snout! but Mommy says he's here to stay! and can't read my sign-"Keep Out!"
There's a Dragon in my bedroom!
He's staring right at me! This Dragon has got to go! A Dragon isn't right you see!
There's a Dragon in my bedroom! Now I'm sure he's getting chunky, and little tasty me would surely be good for a Dragon that's getting hungry!
Just wait, I'll be asleep and then become a midnight snack.
Or maybe for breakfast the Dragon will eat me with a side of morning toast. Gulped down in one big bite, Just for Dragon--me a child sized roast.
But not for me! No! I'll teach this Dragon and take all his things away!
So getting on my outfit for I have a Dragon to shoo! Making sure to have his favorite treats to lure him out, I carefully open to the door and smell---- DRAGON POO!
MOMMY!!!!
Mommy helped me clean my bedroom,
She picked up the toys upon the floor, Helped me fix my Keep Out sign and put it on the door, Changed the Dragon mess and made my room smell good again.
Then showed me that Dragons' can be cuddled, and when Dragon went to sleep- he didn't snore too loudly, nothing to keep me awake. And Mommy scrubbed the crackers out of my bedroom floor, and we wiped up all the messes, it wasn't a really hard chore.
and Mommy gave me a long hug,
And whispered "I love you." Then glancing at the Dragon said, and I love you too.
Seeing that lovely Dragon curled and happy and asleep,
Made me realize that being bigger is really very sweet. so standing on my tiptoes and quiet as a mouse, I whispered to the Dragon, "Welcome to our house."
The Dragon grinned, and happily sucking on his tail,
reached out a sticky claw and held my hand real dear. I suppose if the Dragon really has to stay, Then it will be better if I treat him best today.
Dinosaur
A dinosaur is awesome with spikes or with scales,
They have mighty strength from their heads to their tails. A dinosaur splashes with swirls and with waves, He makes gigantic drawings inside of his caves.
Dinosaurs roar! and Dinosaurs growl,
Dinosaurs stomp and dinosaurs scowl.
A dinosaur eats with crunches and quakes,
They screech over mountains and everything wakes.
Dinosaurs roar! and Dinosaurs growl.
Dinosaurs stomp and dinosaurs scowl.
A dinosaur plays in mud and with sticks,
When a mommy dinosaur comes they have to be quick.
And when mommy comes....

Dinosaurs play and Dinosaurs share. Dinosaurs are quiet and Dinosaurs care.
Dinosaurs help, and Dinosaurs clean
Dinosaurs yawn and Dinosaurs gleem.
Goodnight Dinosaurs, and in their dreams?
Dinosaurs roar! and dinosaurs growl.
Dinosaurs stomp and Dinosaurs scowl... Until they hear their mother howl/Yowl....

No comments: