Saturday, May 22, 2010

18 Things

1. I despise chain mail. I will not send it back to you, nor will I pass it on. Sorry, it's not appreciated unless it's something funny/odd or relates to Science.

2. I love my husband Andrew. I am constantly amazed at what life has already decided to throw at us in the first 5 years, which makes me apprehensive, because in my experience the Lord only give you harder and harder things so you'll continue to grow.

3. My biggest pet peeve is seeing people using cell phones at inappropriate times: i.e. in movie theatres, in the middle of a regular conversation, while at dinner in a restaurant, at school during class, while in the bathroom, during a play, at church(usually playing games), COME ON PEOPLE! Use some cell phone etiquette.

4. I've always wanted a large family, since having kids, a small family would be wonderful! I greatly respect those of you with large families.

5. Being the youngest of 8 is quite possibly the best family placement ever.

6. I love dancing! Lindy Hop, Swing and West Coast Swing are my favorites.

7. Staying up late and sleeping in until 10 a.m. every morning makes me happy. That way I get to see the stars at night, and wake up to lunch. I am not a breakfast person.

8. My favorite foods? Unagi sushi, Raspberry cream dark chocolate truffles, Boysenberry Pie, Avocados, Sirlioin tip steak, chicken hearts, green olives, snap peas...

9. I would love to learn how to do my hair and what I should wear. I have no fashion sense whatsoever and struggle shopping for clothes--unless it's for someone else, husband, daughter, son.

10. Winter is by far my favorite season but also my least favorite time to drive.

11. If I could travel anywhere on Earth I would pick New Zealand, Tibet(Himalayas), Antartica, Brazil(Amazon), Iceland. I've already been to the other place: Yellowstone.

12. I'm still in shock that the Lord decided I should adopt children. I love them both dearly but still miss that I wasn't able to be there when they were born-I have 2 kids and still have no clue what a woman goes through when she delivers.

13. I read comics. Sherman's Lagoon, PH.D Comics, The Order of the Stick, Buckles, B.C., Far Side, Calvin & Hobbes, Dilbert are my favorites.

14. Bubble baths, sitting outside on the grass on an autumn day, reading a beloved book, back rubs, eating dark chocolate raspberry creams, hiking, oil painting, cross-stitching, playing piano = best relaxation ever.

15. I've always thought that 'R' would be the prettiest letter for my last name, something about Amy R. -- Perfect! Needless to say I was ecstatic when I figured out Andrew's last name.

16. I'm competitive and stubborn. But not competitive nasty and not so stubborn that I won't listen to your side.

17. I have been addicted to TV, but never to computer games.

18. My own creativity has gotten me into trouble more times than I'd like to admit.


No comments: